Thursday, September 18, 2008

Most Embarrasing Moments: Part III


Just a short. This is probably not one of my most embarrassing moments, because this type of thing happens to me on almost a daily basis. It was my last day of work in Las Vegas, and I had been pondering the fact that since I had worked their for only a year, no one would really care that I was leaving. I was retrieving some medications when two of my co-workers approached me with a box of cookies in their hands. I was overjoyed that they would actually care enough to bring me these tasty morsel's to bid me farewell. When they reached me, they said, "Today's your last day! You have fun back in Utah, okay?" I said, "I sure will," and while grabbing the box of cookies I said, "Thanks for the cookies." But for some reason they wouldn't let go of those cookies. There was a small struggle and finally they said, "um, these aren't for you." I turned red (I think I am red more than white), released the cookies and turned back around while they walked away. I'm sure they laughed until they couldn't breathe as soon as they got out of earshot. Ha, jokes on them, I don't even like cookies!

2 comments:

Sycamore Girl said...

Im laughing so hard right now! I would have thought they were for me too! Poor Amy.

Tahnie said...

SO hilarious! Those kinds of things makes for a great story but man is it embarrassing at the time! I can think a few where I've felt the same way.